Purpose of going to Japan to attend business meetings, conference, trainings etc. at mother or sister companies and business partners located in Japan. (If practical training is included in the activity “Certificate of Eligibility” is required regardless of the length of stay.)
- Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If document is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
- It is applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed below is encouraged (e.g. applicant’s economic or social ties with the Philippines, urgent reasons for visit: medical certificate, wedding invitation).
- Sufficient documents does not guarantee of an approve visa, still Japan Embassy’s discretion applies.
- If a falsified document is submitted, a visa will not be issued.
- Documents submitted cannot be returned as a general rule.
- In some instances, Japan Embassy ask for an additional document (other than the basic). Such documents must be submitted within three (3) months only, otherwise the application will be terminated.
- Receipts of documents (PSA B/C, PSA M/C, Bank Certificate, etc.) should be removed.
All documents must be original unless otherwise stated.
1. Philippine Passport
- Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
2. Visa Application Form
- Available at the WEB SITE of Japan Embassy
- Application form should be filled out all items correctly, If item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A]. Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form; may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.
- Specs: 4.5cm x 4.5cm, with white background.
- Photo must be taken within 6 months.
- Please write applicant’s name and birthdate on back side of the photo.
- Photo must be pasted on the application form.
4. Daily Schedule in Japan(TAIZAI YOTEIHYO)
5. Employment Certificate/ Certificate of Membership
- For self-employed applicants please submit a certificate of business registration
6. Social Security Card Copy
7. Applicant’s Income Tax Return (ITR) (Form 2316) clear photocopy(latest)
8. Travel Order/ Dispatch Letter
9. Invitation Letter
10. Business Registration /TOKIBOTOHON (must be issued within 1 year original or photocopy), Copy of the latest Quarterly Report(SHIKIHO), Company Brochure, Pamphlet or any outline of the company/organization.
- Note 1. If invited by Japanese counterpart, submit requirements 9 and 10
- Note 2. If invited by an individual, submit employment certificate of inviter instead of 10 above.
11. Proof of activities in Japan (Contract, Transaction details, Conference Materials etc. )
If applicant’s purpose is training, please submit the following documents that indicates the content of the training.
- I Training acceptance agreement from the receiving company / organization
- II Detailed program of activities from the receiving company / organization
- i. Training necessity, method and content of the training
- ii. Training location, schedule, period of training, person in-charge, language to be used
If counterpart in Japan will shoulder any/part of applicant’s travel expenses
12. Guarantee Letter
13. Residence Track 2 copies
- Residence truck is not required for “diplomatic” or “official” purposes.
If Applicant is not Philippines nationality
14. Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements (except birth and marriage certificates), a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Philippine government.
- Visa application of foreigners who are on short-term (temporary) visa in the Philippines cannot be accepted. Please apply at the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General with jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant resides or over the country of which the applicant’s passport was issued.